HomeCamp Ontario | Ontario Summer Camp
Welcome to Camp Manitou in Canada. Located in Ontario's majestic Muskoka/Parry Sound region. Manitou is a children's camp for girls and boys from the world over. It is our pleasure to meet new families and "talk camp". Please contact us to learn more about the Manitou family.
Camp Manitou is accredited by the Ontario Camping Association (OCA). Camp membership in the OCA is not automatic: any camp seeking OCA accreditation must undergo a two-year provisional period, during which time it is visited by OCA representatives each year, and must meet all standards before being accepted for full membership. Once a camp achieves full membership, it receives a visit every four years. Our camp voluntarily adheres to over 400 separate standards dealing with all aspects of a camp’s operation: health & safety, leadership, food service and maintenance, staffing, programming, and administration.
1st Short Session June 26 - July 10 for campers finishing grades, 1, 2,or 3.
1st time campers finishing grade 4 please contact us for more information.
2nd Short Session July 22 - August 7 for 1st time campers - limited spots available
Rookie Day - our one day Taste of Manitou session for campers six to nine years old. 2014 Rookie Day will be on Saturday, July 12. Please apply here Rookie Day Application
Crestwood Valley Day Camp 3 day experience at Manitou. You must sign up with Crestwood Valley Day Camp check out www.crestwoodcamp.com
SCHEDULE A HOME VISIT
The best way to feel the warmth and magic of Camp Manitou is for you to hear from us, the directors. We know that choosing the right camp is an extremely important decision. At Manitou we are committed to helping you select the very best camp for your child and we feel the best way for you to make this decision is for us to meet your family, learn more about your child, and introduce you to what we feel makes Manitou a unique and positive experience for your child.
To schedule a personal home visit, please contact Mark or Jeff or call us at 416-322-5888.
Manitou’s CAMPER Commitment:
- A choice of a personal home visit and/or a ‘Meet the Directors’ session. It’s the perfect opportunity to ask us lots of questions and to learn about our culture so you can make an informed decision.
- We will arrange a play date and/or a welcome from existing Manitou campers before the summer.
- In the spring, you will be invited to our “preparing you and your child for their first summer camp experience” lead by a child-rearing professional and our Director Team.
- At camp your child will be welcomed at a special ceremony by last year’s returning campers. Your child will then meet Mark and Jeff to emphasize our commitment to ensuring your child always feels safe, secure and comfortable.
- By day five, you will receive a comprehensive personal call about your child’s progress and we will contact you with more calls as necessary. We are proactive in contacting you for any significant emotional or medical issue.
- Its one thing to have a ‘no bullying’ policy; that is the easy part! At Manitou we take this further and create a standard of respect that starts with the staff and filters down to every camper. We expect every child to feel comfortable and to feel included by their peers. Empathy and compassion is the hallmark of the Manitou culture.
- The summer doesn’t end once your child arrives home. We are here to offer advice on any matter and/or discuss your child’s summer, and review with you our detailed “camper form” outlining all aspects of your child’s experience.
- As part of our Manitou family, you will receive an invitation to our numerous monthly Manitou Cares events where children are involved in various outreach projects (feeding the homeless, working at a food bank, etc.)
Manitou’s STAFF Commitment:
- With 200 staff and an average of 420 campers, the camper staff ratio is truly exceptional.
- With eight Camp Directors, (professionals, teachers, and parents) and 40 mature head staff/specialists, we provide the best supervision for your child. Additionally we have one Camp Director, a long-time Manitou staff member and teacher, whose sole job is to monitor and check on the younger campers, as well as any first time campers of any age.
- Professional child rearing expert speakers attend our full week pre-camp training session covering a host of topics.
Manitou’s HEALTHY LIFESTYLE Commitment:
- Camps must offer nutritious meals and staff must be trained to monitor your child’s healthy eating. This is all made easy by our all day fruit bowl and our scrumptious daily salad bar with over 30 healthy options (from kale to feta cheese, tofu, tuna and so much more). Additionally our vegetarian meals are available to all campers!
- Our kitchen offers specializes meals for campers with allergy or dietary restrictions.
- Our state of the art water system with UV, two-tier filtration and chlorination, which is tested daily, is healthy, safe and tastes amazing! We have drinking water in all of the cabins and have water fountains situated throughout camp.
- Whether it be our extensive sun smart policy ensuring your kids have the proper sunscreen with 32 sunscreen locations around camp, our misting machines so that they can cool down at any time on the hottest days of summer, or our first aid training given to all staff in pre camp we cover every aspect of risk management.
- Our health care team comprises pediatricians/family physicians, and a minimum of 3 nurses. We also have a child psychologist, pharmacist, radiologists and hospital for sick kids’ doctors available for consult at any time.
Unfortunately your browser does not support Flash Player version 10. Without Flash you will be unable to experience our site as it was meant to be seen.
Please click here to download the latest version of Flash.